SMILE Resource Exchange is a free service for businesses that encourages the exchanging of resources between its members in order to save money, reduce waste going to landfill and to develop new business opportunities. Potential exchanges are identified through networking events, an online exchange facility and a support team to assist throughout.
At these exchange events and through the website businesses can identify resources they would like to exchange such as resuable items, by-products and surplus products.
All resources offered are either free of charge or below market value. The service is available to businesses in the Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Clare and Kerry regions.
Membership of SMILE Resource Exchange is free for businesses and is project managed by Macroom E. The initiative is supported by the following organisations:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Cork County & City Enterprise Boards
- Cork County Council
- Cork City Council
- Limerick/Clare/Kerry Regional Waste Management Office
- Limerick County & City Enterprise Boards
- Kerry County Enterprise Board
- Clare County Enterprise Board
- Dublin City Enterprise Board
- Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Enterprise Board
- Fingal County Enterprise Board
- South Dublin County Enterprise Board