SMILE Resource Exchange is a FREE service for businesses that encourages the exchanging of resources between its members in order to save money, reduce waste going to landfill and to develop new business opportunities. Potential synergies are identified through an online platform www.smileexchange.ie or through facilitated technical assistance.
Businesses can request or offer resuable materials, by-products or surplus stock that could potentially be a raw material in another business.
All resources offered are either free of charge or below market value. The service is available to businesses in the Republic of Ireland.
SMILE members have identified the following benefits:
- Cut costs
- Reduce waste
- Source materials
- Network with business
- Identify new business opportunities
- Improve competitiveness
Membership of SMILE Resource Exchange is free for businesses and is project managed by Macroom E.
The following organisations support the programme:
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Cork County & City Local Enterprise Offices
- Cork County Council
- Cork City Council
- Southern Region Waste Management Office
- Eastern Midlands Waste Region
- Connacht Ulster Waste Region
- South Dublin County Council
- South Dublin Local Enterprise Office
- South Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Get daily SMILE Updates by visiting our Social Networks